I walked from Chinatown across the BK bridge to a vintage neighborhood called DUMBO. I ate 2 scoops of Butter Pecan Ice Cream from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory and laid out on the Brooklyn Promenade whilst writing (tryna be all deep and sh*t). I then went to a quiet bar/restaurant called 7 Old Fulton Street under the bridge and snatched a few cocktails and dinner... This begins my writing rant...
A day in my mind:
1) My excuse for drinking Manhattans is there are bitters in them...and bitters are good for you, so..,
2) NYC is amazing. I thank God everyday I'm here. My apartment ain't everything I want it to be; my life ain't everything I want it to be; but one day on the Brooklyn Promenade can change all of that. I'm truly blessed and the best is yet to come!
3) 1 Maker's Mark Manhattan down and I'm good to go. I like to think of bourbon as medicine...but there's a thin line between medicine and poison...
4) Observing these British women at the bar reminds me of my time in London. I may just pack up and move one day. There has been no greater peace than the peace I found in London.
5) Trying to convince this eastern european waiter that bourbon is better than vodka...I'm losing...
6) I love interacting with strangers. It gives me the opportunity to bless somebody whom I may never see again. There's beauty in every encounter.
7) I've been ignoring a "calling" in my life for quite some time now. There are many possible reasons: a) Afraid of being powerful beyond measure b) Afraid that fragments of my life may have to be let go c) Afraid of just being me, unapologetically, and creating something new.
8) Chatted it up with a waiter that is getting his PhD in applied math. He's from Albania. Cool guy.
9) And then the Albanian waiter asked to give me his number so we could "hang out." No!!! I just wanted to talk to you, not date you! Can't be nice to nobody...Le sigh.
10) Walked the Brooklyn Bridge today. Got 2 scoops from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Sat out on the promenade. Grabbed 2 Manhattans and dinner from a really cool bar/restaurant. Fell in love with life all over again.
11) And I finished my 2nd Manhattan and waltzed out of the restaurant feeling like the greatest diva on earth. My life is fabulous in its own way...SO FABULOUS, and I'm grateful.